Friday, June 23

Live from Bonnaroo...


Although there are a few exceptions (Andrew Bird, Gomez, Toubab Krewe, etc.), most of the sets that I attended at Bonnaroo have already shown up online thanks to the generosity and hard work of tapers. That makes me happy. It's their efforts that make this post possible.

Here are a number of my favorite moments from Bonnaroo, in the order in which they occurred. I hope you enjoy them as I did.

dios (malos) - Fume [Beck cover]

Ben Folds - Bitches Ain't Shit
[Dr. Dre cover; with Mike Skinner of The Streets]
Ben Folds - Army

Cat Power - The Greatest
Cat Power - Hate

Tom Petty - I'm A Man [Yardbirds cover]
Tom Petty - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around [with Stevie Nicks]

My Morning Jacket - What a Wonderful Man
My Morning Jacket - Head Held High [Velvet Underground cover]
My Morning Jacket - Loving Cup [Rolling Stones cover]

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals - Nothing But the Water
Grace Potter & the Nocturnals - Farmer John [Neil Young cover]

Elvis Costello - High Fidelity

Elvis Costello - Alison > Track of My Tears


Beck - Black Tambourine
Beck - Do You Realize? [Flaming Lips cover]

Radiohead - The National Anthem
Radiohead - Myxomatosis

SuperJam - Casey Jones [Trey, Mike, Phil, B/R Duo]
SuperJam - Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad [Trey, Mike, Phil, B/R Duo]

You can download the full sets (and many others) via BitTorrent at bt.etree.org. The full Grace Potter & the Nocturnals set is available as mp3's or .flac downloads at archive.org.

In addition, here's most of that video of Beck's puppets exploring Bonnaroo that was shown on the jumbo screens during the encore break. Thank goodness for YouTube.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard, thanks for these, you're wonderous - although I totally hate you for getting to attend Bonnaroo while I was stuck in Louisville (visiting) for the love of god. You suck, but you don't.

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Pferdefuss said...

oh i really appreciate your sites exists, saludos from mexico

2:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not Mike Skinner.

12:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home