Creating Loafing's worst first-date songs
Creative Loafing has published a list of the worst songs to play on a first date. Here are their selections:
1) "Gold Digger" by Kanye West: Bad for both parties. If the guy plays it, he's telling you he's cheap; if the girl plays it, she's the subject of the song.
2) "Ain't No Fun (If the Homies Can't Have None)" by Snoop Dogg: I know it all depends on the girl, but usually, suggesting a gang bang isn't the right way to get the evening started.
3) "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails: "I wanna fuck you like an animal, I wanna feel you from the inside." These are second-date lyrics at best.
4) "Smack My Bitch Up" by Prodigy: Unless you're dating a self-loathing masochist, this song probably won't work.
5) "Let's Get Married" by Jagged Edge: Politely ask your date to pull the car over, get out and RUN!
I'd like to add this Ween song to the list:
Ween - Touch My Tooter [live 8-1-2006] (NSFW)
Really though, just leave the Ween at home. It's probably for the best.
Have any further suggestions?