Monday, November 20

Of Montreal coming to Variety Playhouse, Feb. 24


Heads up, party people -- Athens natives and E6 affiliates Of Montreal are returning to the Variety Playhouse on February 24. You know I love those guys, so no sense blabbing too much. Word is Kevin & co. may have an expanded stage show thanks to the fat cash they made allowing some corporate wankers to use their music in ads. For a complete list of their tour dates, head over to Pitchfork.

Here's a track from the forthcoming Of Montreal LP, Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?, courtesy of Polyvinyl:

Of Montreal - Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse

Yes, they're on MySpace.

On a side note, I saw The Puffy Chair last night and it features Of Montreal tunes on its soundtrack along with tracks by Spoon, Decibully, Death Cab, and others. I had no idea that would be the case, but it was kinda cool. It also had a scene in tribute to my boy Lloyd Dobler. I heart Netflix.

Bonus mp3:

Of Montreal - Requiem for O.M.M. 2
Of Montreal - Disconnect the Dots
Of Montreal - In Dreams I Dance With You
Of Montreal - Know Your Onion [The Shins cover]

6 Comments:

Blogger Paulie said...

And they will be in New Orleans on Jan 20 with A Hawk And A Hacksaw opening. It might be time for me to plan a road trip.

And in sports... Damn your Bears, they could have let my Jets at least score three points!

5:17 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Ha! And the Cubs got Soriano. Good Sunday.

5:26 PM

 
Blogger wharman said...

How was The Puffy Chair? I've been considering it for my queue. Sounds like a good soundtrack at least! Happy Thanksgiving.

7:08 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

The Puffy Chair was good, not great. It's another in the genre of confused people in their late 20s trying to figure out what the hell to do with their lives. Parts are sweet, more parts are sad or anxiety-inducing. Mostly just a quiet indie film. I wouldn't recommend watching it on a bad day.

7:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My biggest regret lately is not going to the Of Montreal show in Greensboro. I now listen to them about every day, and I remember a few times a week about how I regret not going.

=[

8:38 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Well, there's alwasy Carrboro on this tour. It's only an hour from Greensboro.

8:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home