Wednesday, January 17

This weekend in Atlanta/Athens...

In Athens...



M Coast (formerly Marshmallow Coast) will be opening for Camera Obscura at the 40 Watt in Athens on Friday night, January 19. This promises to be a good one. If anybody made the Camera Obscura show at The EARL I'd be curious to know how it was. I'm too busy with work stuff to get out. Hooray for the start of a new semester...

Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out of This Country
M Coast - Sail Around the World [courtesy of HHBTM]


Also at the 40 Watt this weekend is Deerhunter, who take the stage there on Saturday supported by Psychic Hearts and The Selmanaires.

Deerhunter - Spring Hall Convert


In Atlanta:

Fri., Jan 19



Pistolero @ 11:11 Teahouse
The Selmanaires, The Nein, and Cassavetes @ Lenny's
The Cogburns @ Star Bar [Jenn's last show!]
Deerhunter, Brass Castle, Supreeme @ The EARL
Slow Motion Crash @ Drunken Unicorn

samples:
Pistolero - Endless Summer
The Selmanaires - Selmanaire Rock
Cassavetes - My Heart Your Beat
The Cogburns - Strange
Brass Castle - Angel Fights

Sat., Jan 20

Attractive Eighties Women @ Drunken Unicorn
Hope for a Golden Summer @ 11:11 Teahouse
The Bridges, Bang Bang Bang, Chainestereo @ Vinyl [Confessions showcase]
Gringo Star, KillGordon, Sovus Radio @ The EARL

hear:
Hope for a Golden Summer - Malt Liquor

I'm sure there's more, and I know I didn't dig very deep with regard to Athens. I imagine I'll do more of that after I move there. If there's something C&T's readers should know about that I neglected, do tell...

3 Comments:

Blogger tolar said...

camera obscura put on a fine show at the earl last nite! it was allegedly a soldout show, but i guess some folks stayed home because it was cold outside? it certainly didn't feel sold out once you got in there ...

3:04 PM

 
Blogger tolar said...

by the way ... where'd you hear about the hope foragoldensummer show at 11:11? i'm not seeing it on 11:11's site, hope's site, or upcoming ...

3:08 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I actually heard about it from Mike of Pistolero, but it's also listed on the 11:11 MySpace.

3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home