Wednesday, January 31

You know, The Dears kinda look like...

So, I saw Montreal's The Dears last Friday night. I enjoyed myself, but my mind started to wander late in the set. For whatever reason, I kept thinking that the bass player looked familiar. Then, it hit me. He looked just like the dude from The Puffy Chair. In fact, I noticed the whole band kinda looked like other folks. Here's what I came up with:


Guitarist/vocalist Murray Lightburn and Tricky


Keyboardist/vocalist Natalia Yanchak and Marvel Comics' Silver Sable


Keyboardist/vocalist Valerie Jodoin-Keaton and Winona Ryder


Guitarist Patrick Krief and Dan Bejar of Destroyer


Bassist Martin Pelland and actor Mark Duplass


Drummer George Donoso and The Lead Sixth Grader (from South Park)

I could probably use better ones for Murray and Valerie. More suggestions?

The Dears - Who Are You, Defenders of the Universe
The Dears - Bandwagoneers

12 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Rich!? WTF? :-P
Actually Valerie's twin is right on the tip of my tongue...It is totally bothering me now, damn it.
I think the best one though is George Donoso and The Lead Sixth Grader from South Park. As if they based the character drawing off of him. So kudos for matching that one.

But it's good to know all the interesting places your mind wanders to Rich...hehe

5:41 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I think she kinda looks like Kirsten Dunst in that top pic, although with dark hair. However, not so much in the pic at the bottom where she's behind the drummer. Hmm.

9:37 AM

 
Blogger Samantha said...

i agree, the last likeness is perfect and hilarious. good call, rich.

1:52 PM

 
Blogger aa said...

this is hilarious! each one of them is dead on!!

2:20 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I'm thinking Silver Sable's cleavage might be a bit much.

2:41 PM

 
Blogger Dodge said...

awesome

3:19 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Although both of them are ugly as shit, Murray Lightburn does not look like Tricky he look like Lionel Richie!

7:15 PM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

Kirsten Dunst? Totally in the 1st pic! The second one looks like Courtney Cox so she can just have one for every picture she's in.

And yeah I was thinking Natalia Yanchak would fall over with Silver Sable's rack...Actually I think anyone would fall over, you must have to have some comic super powers.

10:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks like Margot Kidder in the Superman movies.

12:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valerie looks like Courtney Cox in that picture!

3:40 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

I think Valerie looks like Carrie-Anne Moss in that picture. And I'm not sure about Murray, but I'm starting to wish my name were Murray Lightburn.

3:18 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

huh... not really?

4:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home