Sunday, January 28

Casper & The Cookies 12-16-2006 @ Ultra Mod, Athens


Because I'm a completely irresponsible Georgia blogger, I neglected to mention all last week that Athens band Casper & The Cookies is currently featured on Daytrotter. You can download a few exclusive tracks there from the band there.

On a (very) related note, I spent part of my Sunday converting the December 16, 2006, Casper & The Cookies show from the Ultra Mod in Athens. This set closed out the evening at a Happy Happy Birthday to Me party (following Titans of Filth, Visitations, Marshmallow Coast, Russian Spy Camera, and Velcro Stars) celebrating both the holiday season and the birthday of label boss Mike "Twee Diddy" Turner. I hope Mike doesn't ban me from future mail orders/shows for printing that nickname.

Casper & The Cookies concluded the evening by playing a set of covers and debuting a brand new Xmas song they'd written the week before. Some were more polished than others, but it was a lot of fun. Here's the setlist along with a few downloadable songs from my recording:

Casper & The Cookies
December 16, 2006
Ultra Mod Compound, Athens, GA

Taped: SP-CMC4s > battery box > Creative Nomad JB3
Converted: JB3 > Dell Inspiron 6000 > Cool Edit Pro 2.0 > CD Wave Editor > mkwACT > .mp3

Sweet Pea (Tommy Roe cover)
Cherry Bomb (Joan Jett cover)
This Ain't No Picnic (Minutemen cover)
Do It Clean (Echo and the Bunnymen cover)
I'm a Boy (The Who cover)
Happy Birthday
Way I Feel Inside (Zombies cover; aborted)
Way I Feel Inside (The Zombies cover)
Are You Receiving Me? (XTC cover)
Sweet Transvestite (from The Rocky Horror Picture Show)
Fuck Me Beneath the Christmas Tree*

*tech difficulties with mic at start; sorta falls apart at end

If you like, you can download the full set from either SendSpace.com or Megaupload. If one craps out, please try the other. If there's interest in a lossless (.flac) version of the show, please let me know.

Casper & The Cookies play at Caledonia Lounge on February 3 (with Russian Spy Camera and How I Became the Bomb) then go on tour with Apples in Stereo. Tourdates are available on their MySpace page. Their albums Oh! and The Optimist's Club are available from HHBTM.

Bonus mp3:
Casper & The Cookies - Sid from Central Park

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Well I mean I wouldn't say that makes you an irresponsible Georgia blogger. Better late than not at all. Plus there can be all the news readers, tag tools, mp3 aggregators in the world and yet it is still near impossible to stay in touch with everything coming and going on the net.

So stop being so hard on yourself, damn it!

I like Casper & The Cookies (there name alone is sweet!) but I loved that "Sid from Central Park" track.

12:57 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Good that you like "Sid" really, since it's the only original of theirs in this post. ;)

And thanks for the pep talk. Hehe.

1:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home