Saturday, March 31

Drown out the static on the FM radio

The Apples in Stereo debuted the video for "Can You Feel It?" from New Magnetic Wonder yesterday. It has dinosaurs, retro pop art, singing reel-to-reel machines, and even a cameo from the Maxell guy. That's pretty cool.


Audio is a little warbly in the YouTube vid, but you get the idea.

In other E6 news, there's a neat show at the 40 Watt in Athens on April 9:

Of Montreal, Elf Power, and Dark Meat for $10.
Even better? It's a benefit for Nuci's Space, and Of Montreal's set WILL BE KARAOKE. They'll be playing as the backup band for audience members who sing covers and Of Montreal songs. Nifty, if I do say so myself. I ain't getting up there to sing, but that might be worth a road trip...

Of Montreal - Where Eagles Dare [Misfits cover]
Of Montreal - The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch [Brian Eno cover]

6 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

Road trip to Athens is a MUST for this show!!

2:08 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I don't teach the next day, so it would actually be feasible. Hmm.

Also, FYI, locals -- Elf Power/Dark Meat at GA Theatre on May 12 too. Woohoo.

2:26 AM

 
Blogger Alex Adan said...

Dude, I'm so with you. Let me know when you get your ticket. I won't have work the next day either, ...because I have no job.

11:32 AM

 
Blogger Sloan Simpson said...

Rich, I'll be taping, so I can watch your stuff while you sing.

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

You're a kind soul, Sloan.

I could get up there and do John Cage's 4'33" but it wouldn't sound great on the tape.

11:13 AM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

You "singing" to John Cage would be an instant YouTube classic!

3:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home