Friday, February 23

The Coathangers 2-22-2007 @ Lenny's


Well, it's official. I heart The Coathangers. The songs are catchy, memorable, often perverse, and lots of fun. They all sing, and they all play just about every instrument on stage to some level of success. Last night they absolutely rocked Lenny's, and now I know why they're quickly building a solid local following. I'll certainly be going back for more. I also learned last night that they have two forthcoming 7" releases on Die Slaugherhaus including a split with The Hiss. Very good news. Here is last night's set, (almost) direct from my Jukebox 3 to your hard drive. Note, once again, that many tracks are not safe for work:

The Coathangers
February 22, 2007
Lenny's, Atlanta, GA

Taped: SP-CMC-4's > battery box > Creative Nomad Jukebox 3
Conversion: JB3 > Dell Inspiron 6000 > Cool Edit Pro 2 > CD Wave > mkwACT

01. Minstrel Cycle >
02. Tonya Harding
03. Shut Tha Fuck Up
04. Spider Hands
05. banter/instrument switch^
06. Tripod Machine*
07. banter/instrument switch
08. Buckhead Betties
09. Haterade
10. banter/instrument switch
11. Where the Hell Were You?**
12. Nestle in My Boobies
13. instrument switch
14. Never Wanted U
15. banter
16. Parking Lot
17. banter
18. Get Off My Parcheezy
19. instrument switch
20. Bloody Shirt
21. banter
22. Don't Touch My Shit


^with some cell phone interference
*with Milton Chapman of The Hiss
**with Ian Franco of The Hiss

Also on the bill were Sea Lions, The 63 Crayons, The Hiss, and The Spooks

The full show is available in a .zip file via Sendspace.com.

For more on The Coathangers (and show dates), check out their MySpace page.

4 Comments:

Blogger J.Trav said...

I'm in the sealions. Do you happen to have our set recorded?

jtrav@gmail.com
myspace.com/sealions

10:19 PM

 
Blogger J.Trav said...

jtrav81@gmail.com, my bad.

10:20 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Nope, sure don't. I got there about 5-10 minutes before you guys finished. Enjoyed what I saw though. :)

10:48 PM

 
Blogger Alex Adan said...

I've got photos from the show here

3:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home