Sunday, May 20

Rufus & Neko coming to ATL, August 13


This has already been mentioned at Confessions and now at Pitchfork, but I've been under the weather and am just getting around to it. Two performers who I am quite fond of, Neko Case and Rufus Wainwright, will be appearing at Atlanta's Tabernacle on August 13. I've seen each live before, and found both to be wonderful and dynamic live performers. It appears that this pairing will only be doing five dates together, so it's a happy circumstance that they will be here in Atlanta.

Rufus Wainwright - Going to a Town
Neko Case - Star Witness
Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On

Tickets go on sale today (Sunday, 5/20) at noon via Ticketmaster. The complete set of dates for each artist is available from Pitchfork Media.

7 Comments:

Blogger AmyM said...

Ahh Neko...., and if you are correct that's a Monday and there should be free parking near there.
(Sorry to hear you have not been feeling good, and I hope you are on the mend.)
How were the Clutters? Steve left me a message that after the Arctic Monkeys he managed to hit both Lenny's and the Starbar before he headed back to his campsite...

1:22 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I'm doing better. Didn't make it to Clutters, unfortunately -- went to bed early instead as I didn't feel at all like going out. If I only had Steve's energy... yeesh.

By the way, I almost bought tix to this today but they wanted to add $8.30 each in convenience charges online. Funk dat.

1:29 PM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

Is it s Windstorm Production? If so you can pay cash at the Variety box and avoid the extra $$$.
(Yeah I can't keep up with Steve, but he manages to get me out of the house when I otherwise wouldn't, which I guess is a good thing. I have had many adventures and funny stories to tell because of that. It always beats TV, at the very least..)

1:42 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Looks like it's being produced by Live Nation. May just swing by the Tabernacle box office soon.

4:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy fuck Rufus and Neko? I'll be there for sure.

3:56 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

PJ, that was pretty much my response too.

11:24 AM

 
Blogger Leah [Not Basic] said...

There is a very good chance I will have an extra set of tix for this show.

Bring on the lederhosen!!!

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home