Wednesday, June 13

Bound for Bonnaroo...


I'm off to Bonnaroo in the morning, and may or may not update between now and Monday. No idea whether I'll have ready Internet access at the hotel. If I do, expect pictures from the festival grounds. If not, y'all have a great weekend.

Some free and legal sounds from Bonnaroo bands....

Sam Champion - Like a Secret
Cold War Kids - Hospital Beds
Wilco - Cars Can't Escape
Damien Rice - The Professor
Tenderhooks - Mouthful of Rain
Tim Fite - No Good Here
Ween - Roses are Free [live]
The Decemberists - The Soldiering Life
Favourite Sons - No One Ever Dies Young
The Roots - What You Want [ft. Jill Scott; live]
Lily Allen - Smile [demo]
The Black Keys - Hard Row
Spoon - I Turn My Camera On
The Hold Steady - Chips Ahoy!
Gogol Bordello - Start Wearing Purple
Girl Talk - Bounce That
The National - Fake Empire
Annuals - Brother
Martha Wainwright - How Soon
The Whigs - Violet Furs
Tin Cup Prophette - Going Numb

I wanna hear about Feist/Grizzly Bear at the Variety Playhouse. I'm probably gonna have to miss her set at the 'Roo...

9 Comments:

Blogger AmyM said...

Feist sold out before I could get a ticket, but I saw her at the Earl. (I got a free ticket to catch the Stills instead.) Have fun and be safe! I was offered a free ticket to go with a friend to the 'Roo, but 3 times was more than enough for me...Drink lots of water, and stay away from the wookies and the tanks!(that hissing sound you can't miss.)

3:30 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Ah, I'm used to the wookies and you don't have to worry about me and the tanks. In fact, this year I doubt I'll even wander into the campgrounds since we opted for the hotel instead.

Ya, I saw Feist at Georgia Theatre a while back with Bright Eyes/Magic Numbers so I'm not completely bummed. I'll be missing her for Wilco and White Stripes, and that's not so bad.

3:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm leaving at YAWN 5AM...havent packed anything yet. Time to rough it UP! I havent even looked at the schedule for more than 2 minutes, but you can find me at the Cold War Kids for sure.

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I don't think we're leaving until 10ish. Nothing to do until 6pm or so anyway other than get the lay of the land.

I really, really hope I have time to hit Grimey's in Nashville and/or Grand Palace in Murfreesboro while I'm up there.

6:19 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Hope you have a great time at the 'Roo! Looking forward to hearing what all went down :)

9:12 PM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

Ohhh what fun! Have an amazing time Rich!

11:35 PM

 
Blogger largehearted boy said...

We had planned to go to Bonnaroo before John Darnielle announced the Mountain Goats charity campout shows.

Have fun, I'm looking forward to your reports, photos and possibly (hopefully) taped performances.

11:24 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Just checked in the hotel, and it has free wi-fi. Woot!

4:20 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

I saw Feist and Grizzly Bear last night, and they were both great. Feist has great stage presence and joked around with the audience, got us to sing harmony with her, etc... all in all one of the best concerts I've ever been to!

3:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home