Friday, July 27

Around the horn

Get busy for a few days, and a lot passes you by. Por ejemplo:


The EARL has added David Bazan (of Pedro the Lion) to their schedule on November 10. All Smiles will open up.

David Bazan - Cold Beer and Cigarettes
All Smiles - Moth in a Cloud of Smoke

Bill Callahan will be at the 40 Watt in Athens on September 1.

Bill Callahan - Sycamore


Soulful crooner Martin Sexton will be at the Georgia Theatre on October 23.

Martin Sexton - Angeline

Both Okkervil River and Damien Jurado will be at the 40 Watt on October 3. Jagjaguwar has the full tour schedule.

Okkervil River - Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe
Damien Jurado -What Were the Chances


The cast of the movie adaptation of classic graphic novel Watchmen has been confirmed.

Harold Perrineau is returning to Lost. No word whether Michael will still be running around shooting disposable cast members.


The United States Postal Service will finally unveil its Marvel Comics stamps at Comic-Con this weekend. You can get hi-res images of each from the USPS site (halfway down the page, between the commemorative pollination and jury duty stamps).

Zachary Quinto, who portrays villain Sylar on Heroes, will take on the role of Mr. Spock in the forthcoming Star Trek prequel.

If I missed other big news, please pass it along. I've already heard about the death cat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

What do you think of that Watchmen cast? I'm not too sure about some of the choices...basically because i've never heard of some of them.

3:05 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I'm in the same boat as you, I guess. Not terribly familiar with several of the choices so they don't immediately strike me as amazing or awful. I'd read elsewhere that people like Jeremy Irons and Kate Winslet were in the running for some smaller roles, which would be cool. I'll have to go peek at the boards on Superhero Hype! later, as I'm sure the readers there will have plenty of opinions.

Mostly I'm just hoping the movie is amazing. I'm a little worried that it's directed by the same guy who did 300, which I thought was aesthetically awesome but overall was fairly disappointing IMHO.

2:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home