Thursday, July 19

The Coathangers | Self-Titled Debut in September!


Decided to cross-post this from my blog, since Rich has been such a huge supporter of The Coathangers (I discovered the band through him anyways).

I’ve expressed my love for The Coathangers on TYS plenty of times, but I was surpised to read my email earlier in the week to find out that the Atlanta four-piece are set to release their self-titled debut in September! I couldn’t be more excited as i’m sure that you will be hearing more about these ladies wider scale in the coming months. I'm sure you have all heard the many demos that Rich has featured on his site and know everything about them so i'll spare the details. Like i’ve said before though, this isn’t rocket science, it’s just fucking good rock music.

The quartet seem to be on the right track to converting the masses as they’ll be performing the next couple of days in New York supporting fellow Atlanta group The Black Lips. To preview the upcoming LP, I have a more produced version of “Parking Lot” which is definitely a step up from the demo version that i’ve been listening to. Check it out for yourself, and keep your calender marked as the album will be dropping on September 4th on Rob’s House Records.

I still have a few of their CD-R demos that I picked up from their show here in Auburn back in April, so feel free to email me if you're interested in a copy.

07/19 Hoboken, NJ Maxwell’s w/ The Black Lips
07/20 Brooklyn, NY Silent Barn w/ The Black Lips
07/22 Philadelphia, PA Johnny Brenda’s w/ Marnie Stern

myspace | website
The Coathangers | "Parking Lot"
The Coathangers | "Nestle in My Boobies" (demo)
The Coathangers | "Shut the Fuck Up" (demo)

9 Comments:

Blogger Leah [Not Basic] said...

I got that same email, and to be honest, I appreciate nothing about this band. I'm trying to figure out how to interject that into my own blog...

9:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw them at corndogorama last weekend, the keyboardist the best - she plays some that is completely out of sync with the rest of the band and seems to care less (as you can hear on the "Parking Lot" song). fun stuff when they stick to the upbeat numbers. The Black Lips NYC crowd will love them.

9:57 AM

 
Blogger Mr Rossy said...

You turned me on to these gals, thanks so much. I live in London and am seriously thinking of moving to Athens, due to the fact that there's a shit hot music scene there. My wifes dad lives in Kingston, so ya never know !!!

Anyway, yr blog kicks arse, i'm gonna try comment more as i'm useless at this lark in general.

Keep rockin
Ross

10:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Coathangers will be playing a free in-store at Criminal Records on September 4th to celebrate the release of their record, and Shannon tells me that the band has requested ponies for the event. PONIES!!1!11!! OMG! Needless to say, we're psyched.

12:39 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Thanks for posting this Paul. I spent the day running around Athens getting running errands before the move. I'll have running water when I got there now, so I got that going for me. Which is nice.

3:25 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Oh, and last I heard this was to be a vinyl-only release. Rob's House has to date only done vinyl... think they'd consider pressing CDs if the record is well-received, but I won't speak for them. FYI.

3:30 PM

 
Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

i'm baaaaaaaaaaack.

5:48 PM

 
Blogger theleila said...

ah lovely girls - check them out on our (southeast performer mag) august cover. it looks brilliant!

5:33 PM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Actually, I seem to recall from chatting with the girls that their record will be the first NON-cd release from Rob's House!

and p.s. check out ticket alternative's hot new blog :) www.talive.com

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home