Thursday, July 12

The National announce fall tour, southern dates


The National have announced fall tour dates, including these stops in Dixie:

9/07 Cat's Cradle, Carrboro, NC
9/08 Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, GA
9/10 The Club @ Firestone, Orlando, FL
9/11 Club Downunder, Tallahassee, FL
9/12 The Bottletree, Birmingham, AL

It looks like they've graduated from The EARL into the bigger building. A far cry from two years ago when people left their shows after watching CYHSY open up, no? Gotta wonder how many people regret that now...

The National - Fake Empire [from Boxer]
The National - Mr. November [from Alligator]

The full tour is available at Pitchfork.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hype on the National is a mystery to me. They bored me then, they bored me at the Arcade Fire show and I'm sure they'll bore everyone at the Variety---except me (I'll be at home) and the Pitchfork junkies who love them.

Here's a perfect case for a band that really doesn't need a singer. If you're gonna stand there and just sing, at least have some presence and a somewhat remarkable voice.

10:10 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Ah, the negative anonymous poster. Welcome back.

You may just not like them, and that's your thing, but I'll say that I didn't enjoy the set opening for Arcade Fire much... and I like them a lot. Sound was awful, room was awful, crowd was awful and half-empty. They were terrific (imho) a month later at Bonnaroo.

Don't understand the association with Pitchfork you make. The last two records from The National have been praised all over the place, not just on Pitchfork. Maybe if you were talking about Deerhunter (with their daily coverage and all) I'd buy it.

10:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all in the lyrics for me. They are oddly cool. And the music fits. Listen harder.

9:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home