Thursday, September 27

Sometimes, one band plays a song by another

Because I'm in the mood for covers, let's indulge:

Joel Harrison - I Walk the Line [Norah Jones vocals; Johnny Cash]
The Fabs - That's the Bag I'm In [Fred Neil]
Saltine Crack Whores - Wild Bikini [Tullycraft]
Ben Marwood - Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover [Sophie B. Hawkins]
Kind of Like Spitting - Title Track [live; Death Cab for Cutie]
Har Mar Superstar - Alone Again (Naturally) [Gilbert O'Sullivan]
Mark Martucci - Come to Me Tonight [Daniel Johnston]
Colin Meloy - The Ballad of El Goodo [1-17-2004; Big Star]
The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers - Against Pollution [1-13-2005; Mountain Goats]

A fun little bunch of tracks, if I do say so myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Thanks - these were all new covers to me.

6:31 PM

 
Blogger Jill said...

Hey there!

I was just going through my iTunes, doing a little cleaning and organizing, and I came across the Ben Marwood cover of "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover". I completely forgot where I found it and had to do some Googling to finally find my way back to this post.

Where did you manage to get his cover of that song? Was it on an album of his or something? After looking at his MySpace and website, I can't seem to find it listed anywhere.

Thought maybe you might know.

Thanks!

11:01 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Hey Jill -- I don't really remember, but I think it was linked from his website. I know I didn't have it on an album or anything.

7:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home