Monday, October 22

Run Dan Run - Basic Mechanics


It took me a while to get around to it, but I've been enjoying Run Dan Run's Basic Mechanics a lot lately. They're an atmospheric indie quartet from Charleston, SC, who don't sound a thing like my notion of a band from the Holy City.

They remind me of bands like The Films, Peel, or even Death Cab, though with both male and female vocalists, juicy synth, and great big hooks. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear Run Dan Run on commercial radio at some point -- it's the kind of instantly accessible rock/pop that sounds familiar and comfortable right out of the shrink wrap.

Run Dan Run - Your Name Escapes Me
Run Dan Run - The Turnover

You can order Basic Mechanics from the good people at CD Baby.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can find more run dan run merch (and other holy city artists) over at http://heartsandplugs.com/!!

8:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is a great album isn't it. One of my favorites of the year. 4.5/5

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home