Wednesday, May 24

The Roy Owens Jr. - "Commercial Radio Ruined My Chances of Greatness!"


You know that feeling when you hear a song for the first time, but it's strangely familiar? That's what this tune did for me. And I like it.

The Roy Owens Jr. is the best I've heard among Atlanta's alt-country offerings. They're certainly one of the few bands out there who cite Buck Owens, Jerry Reed, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Kinks, Guided by Voices, Superchunk, and Dungen among their influences. Not a bad little stew, if I do say so myself. I really like this song, and it's always the highlight for me when I see 'em live.

The Roy Owens Jr. - Commercial Radio Ruined My Chances of Greatness!

Does it remind you guys of something in particular? I just can't place it. Hmm...

Buy their wares from their official site. Hear more songs on MySpace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

i like this band too. i think we're running a review of them in july.

5:20 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

What other local stuff along the same lines might I like and not have seen/heard/know about?

5:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like Quinn's voice, but I miss Shannon playing with them. He needs to get and hold a good band behind him.
Amy

11:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home