Sunday, June 25

Kevin Smith, Butch Walker, Pete Yorn coming to Criminal Records

Atlanta locals be aware that there are several upcoming in-stores of note at Criminal Records in Little Five Points. As first reported at What We All Want, actor/director/gadfly/geek/badass/superhero Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, etc.) will be at Criminal on June 29 (4pm) to promote the release of Clerks II. Other notable upcoming events include in-stores by Butch Walker (July 11, time TBA) and Pete Yorn (July 18, time TBA). Locals Zoroaster will also be appearing at Criminal on July 15 (3pm). All are free of charge.

If there are other notable local events coming up, let me know.

UPDATE, 6/26: Lillian from Criminal Records has informed me that the Kevin Smith appearance was just cancelled. Well, that stinks.

2 Comments:

Blogger jonder said...

There's a Minutemen DVD release party at Aurora on Tuesday 6/27 (I think) with a Minutemen cover band playing.

1:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went from giddiness to sadness in less than a minute. I was all jazzed to read Kevin Smith was coming to Criminal, only to be disappointed a few sentences later. I wonder what happened. I'm a big Clerks fan, hopefully the sequel doesn't disappoint.

Butch's instore was crazy last time, I can only imagine what it'll be like for a record release.

-geneva

9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home