Saturday, June 24

Man Man coming to Athens 8-4-2006

I'm about to see Man Man at The EARL in about six hours, but I just ran into the band at Joe's Coffee in East Atlanta Village. C&T buddy Chris had told me they'd be playing in Athens on August 4, and the band confirmed it for me. Apparently they're playing the 75th annual Blue Ribbon Ball at the 40 Watt in Athens on August 4 alongside Dark Meat/Vomit Lasers Family Band/Galaxy. Save the date.

Also, if you're in Atlanta tonight get your booty down to The EARL for The Sweet Loves, Deerhunter, Man Man, Thee Crucials, and Anna Kramer. That's a hell of a Saturday night for only $5. Music's going and corndogs are served all day.

Bonus mp3:
Man Man - Van Helsing Boombox

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the Sweet Loves were incredible! Brandon Smith sounded just like Rod Stewart so they were like the Stones meets the Faces! Awesome!

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

If only the PA had been decent. That side stage was a tragedy for the whole weekend. Felt so bad for the Lovely Feathers.

I'll have to see the Sweet Loves give it a go in a better setting. And with Shannon!

11:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man Man was un real.

12:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't care for the Sweetloves. Saturday's highlights for me:

Human Television
The Lovely Feathers
Deerhunter
Anna Kramer
Man Man

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Wish I'd seen Human Television. D'oh.

I didn't get into Deerhunter. Ah well.

7:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deerhunter is like Notre Dame. People seem to either love them or hate them.

9:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home