Saturday, October 14

Go Tigers!


I'd almost forgotten there was still baseball going on. My Cubs crashed and burned before the All-Star break, so it's been off my radar. And I don't care what Tommy Lasorda says, I don't give a damn about watching Major League Baseball (tm) if my team's not involved. However, I now officially pledge my allegiance to the Detroit Tigers for the duration of the World Series. I'm a National League guy, but there's no way I'm rooting for the Cardinals or Mets.

In honor of the Tigers and their 40-something pitcher Kenny "The Gambler" Rogers, here's a video of the "other" Kenny Rogers singing "The Gambler" with some muppets. Gotta love a kids show that openly flaunts gambling, whiskey, and cigarettes. I gotta say though, the tap-dancing muppet ghost at the end may cause nightmares:

4 Comments:

Blogger Paulie said...

Let's Go Mets!

10:00 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I guess for me it's like this:

Tigers > Mets > root canal > Cardinals

Tigers are a good story too. I remember being shocked that Maggs and Pudge would actually sign there given the horrid season a few years ago. Now they have a World Series appearance as a reward. Not too shabby.

1:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tigers are bringing it all back home. Best story in baseball since the 2004 Red Sox. Jim Leyland is King Midas and he deserves a World Series win for the team he was part of for 18 years.

Let's Go Tigers!

10:38 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Somewhere, Alan Trammell is weeping.

11:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home