Sunday, October 8

This one's for you, Seth Cohen


Now that the Sunday political shows are over and I'm about to get back to work (it's a stats day), I thought I'd throw up another quick post. My 'Ben Gibbard' folder is snugly nestled a few down from my 'Beck' folder, and when I saw these I thought they'd be fun to share.

Here a few live covers by Ben Gibbard (of Death Cab, of course) that have been floating around for a while. Go nuts.

Ben Gibbard - The Saddest Story Ever Told [Magnetic Fields cover]
Ben Gibbard - Thriller [Michael Jackson cover]
Ben Gibbard - Complicated [Avril Lavigne cover]
Ben Gibbard - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun [Cyndi Lauper cover]

If that's not enough, here are a few covers by Gibbard's DCFC bandmate Chris Walla. One's been featured here before, but what the hell.

Chris Walla - Shattered Dreams [Johnny Hates Jazz cover]
Chris Walla - Too Gone [The Connells cover]
Chris Walla - Cupid [Sam Cooke cover]

Thanks to Walla and Hall of Justice for hosting his tracks. More of his recordings are available here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

hey i was wondering where you found these songs by ben? i have the ones from chris...i have been looking everywhere for the complicated cover to download. thanks!

andrea

1:40 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Andrea - no idea where they came from. Had 'em for a while. Drop me an email and I can send you "Complicated."

1:49 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

For the people who keep trying to grab these -- these files don't work anymore. Sorry. They were on my old filehost which is now defunct.

- Rich
MOD, C&T

2:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home