Friday, December 1

Brand new stuff from The 63 Crayons


Got $10 burning a hole in your pocket? Want to help out a great Athens band and get some kickass music? Well, I have a solution for you. Psych-pop/rock quartet The 63 Crayons are now taking pre-orders for their forthcoming album, Spoils for Survivors. As a bonus, everyone who pre-orders will also receive a free CD of unreleased tracks and demos. Woohoo! These won't be available later, so if you'd like the extra free CD you should order now. For more ordering information, visit the band's MySpace page.

The band has been kind enough to send me a track from Spoils for Survivors to share with C&T's readers. Check it out, and feel free to spread it around:

The 63 Crayons - Save Us

In addition, here are a couple tracks from their 2003 release, Good People.

The 63 Crayons - Rocketship
The 63 Crayons - Mrs. Brewster

Good People is available from the No Karma online store for only $6.99. Can't beat that.

If you're in the Atlanta/Athens area, also note that 63 Crayons are playing at the Caledonia Lounge on December 16.


ELSEWHERE...

I'm totally digging this awesome (and silly) video from Jason Webley.

Robert Pollard is taking a hiatus from touring... but prepping 7 new albums. Jeez, Bob. [via Captain's Dead]

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I believe I was first introduced to 63 Crayons thanks to you....speaking of Athen's bands - not so bad leaving the ATL when one is heading to another fantastic music scene, no?! Congrats crazy monkey!

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Yep! It's not official yet, but I'll have more to say about that once it is.

Funny you mention that -- 63 Crayons were the third band I ever covered here (after World of Wild Beards Inc. and The Selmanaires). That was 10 months ago today. Wow.

I need to get MXBF back in my regular blog surfing. Your hiatus threw me off!

10:29 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Done and done!

Thanks for the suggestion. I meant to do that back before my hiatus and never bothered. I need a push now and then, I guess.

1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, my bad - live and learn but the right decision at the time. Life comes first.

Your mix on the 12/2 post looks exceptional too....when I have more time I'll go through it more - need to get back to the celebration - BTW.....GO BRUINS!!!!!!!! Awesome freakin' game! Stopped long enough to throw up a post about the win but my post thing has been bugging out all day - no time to worry about it now though!

8:41 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Not bad necessarily. Hell, I took off 6 weeks or so here. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Congrats on the big win!

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home