Wednesday, February 21

How I Became the Bomb 2-16-2007 @ Smith's Olde Bar


As noted in other recent posts, among the shows I caught last weekend was a set by Murfreesboro's How I Became the Bomb. As this set was part of an ASCAP showcase, I had some concerns that the band would be met with an aloof response by the industry-heavy crowd. Those fears, thankfully, were not realized.

The Bomb played a spirited but brief set including several tracks from Let's Go! and two new songs. Luckily, the recording turned out pretty well too despite my taping from the venue's back wall. Might as well share, huh?

How I Became the Bomb
February 16, 2007
Smith's Olde Bar - Atlanta, GA

01. Kneel Before Zod
02. Minute Romance
03. Sleeper [new song]
04. crowd/banter
05. Ladykiller [new song]
06. Killing Machine
07. Bar Song
08. banter
09. Secret Identity

If there's demand for a lossless version, please do let me know.

For more on The Bomb, see their Myspace. You can buy their current EP, Let's Go!, from the band.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YESSS!!!!!!!!!
Awesome. Thanks for posting (and apparently recording) this. They were the best act of the night by far.

8:18 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Not a problem. Yep, I taped. The Athens show a couple weeks ago might have been better, but it was in a smaller venue with lots of energy and people singing along. Fun, fun, fun.

8:26 PM

 
Blogger Supermarket Somnelier said...

The Atlanta show was terrific! Jonburr was channeling Oscar Wilde. I will be looking for the lavendar suit in the future. It was a freakin' great show and I am waiting for their return to Atlanta!

9:47 PM

 
Blogger C said...

AWESOME

12:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for providing the show for us, and for contacting me and letting me know you taped it!

Sweet!
Would have been nice to been there =)

11:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey just stopping by to tell you I loved the blog. Very interesting.

I thought you may also be interested in a couple reviews I wrote. The first is Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle Review and the second is Fat Loss 4 Idiots Review.

Well I hope you like my articles as much as I liked your blog. Stop by and say whats up.

GM

12:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog. I will continue reading........................

Tip For All Bloggers:

If I can sum up in three words how anyone or any website can totally "DOMINATE" the search engines and get to the very "TOP" of the search engines is: blogs, links, and content, period. That's all it takes. But you need "LOTS" of blogs, links and content.......................MajorEnterprise, Carael Knight

For more information, visit:

The Internet Marketing Genius, Carael KnightThe Most Powerful Internet Marketing Resources On The Web!

10:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great Blog! But internet marketing costs money.
If you want to start for the price of a burger to supplement
your income you need a simple method. No PPC cost, no list!
Just some of your time! You can work at home with a system
that is as good as owning your own ATM Cash Machine!
ATM CASH

1:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rich, I have checked the bomb on myspace and the're the bomb of course. Thanks for the heads up.

By the way, have you used squidoo yet? I've been trying it out over there.

Here are some references:

Fat Loss 4 Idiots Diet Review
Fat Loss 4 Idiots

Well hope you liked my review and you should try out squidoo one day cos it is easier than using a blog.

4:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home