Wednesday, May 23

Hey there mister blue


Matt over at You Ain't No Picasso posted one of my favorite covers today (Shins doing Magnetic Fields' "Strange Powers"), so I thought it might be a good time to share another.

It's no secret that I'm a Decemberists booster -- The Crane Wife was probably my favorite record of 2006. I'm excited that I'll be seeing them again at Bonnaroo, and then a month later (July 13) they'll be playing with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (tix here). Hawt! Last time I saw them they busted out a couple treats in the encore, playing The Tain in its entirety (*swoon*) along with Electric Light Orchestra's "Mr. Blue Sky." Total bliss, I tell ya.

Here is said ELO cover, and the band's take on a classic Kate Bush track for good measure:

The Decemberists - Mr. Blue Sky [10-19-2005; Electric Light Orchestra]
The Decemberists - Wuthering Heights [live; Kate Bush]

For The Decemberists tour dates, check out their official site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home