Tuesday, May 22

From the mouth of Bradford


I'd be surprised if the Deerhunter-loving Pitchfork didn't pick up on this already, but there's an interview with Bradford Cox available on the Creative Loafing website. It's a conversation with music editor Rodney Carmichael and they cover topics such as Bradford's appearance, the band's music, and what the hell is wrong with people. It can be downloaded as a podcast from Creative Loafing.

There's also an accompanying article from the Creative Loafing music issue. An excerpt:

Still, Cox struggles to make sure his exhibitionism on stage is not misinterpreted as self-exploitation. "I'm not trying to exploit myself to provoke people or shock people," he says. "But I'm not shy at the same time. So I guess I started realizing what effect it has on people. ... I say 'fuck it' and try to hit the ceiling with everything you do. And if you have something that one person would consider a handicap, I would say, like, just try to make it explode, you know?"

From their 2007 full-length, Cryptograms:

Deerhunter - Spring Hall Convert
Deerhunter - Heatherwood

Deerhunter play at Whirlyball in Roswell, Georgia, on June 1 along with The Selmanaires, The Coathangers, and The Carbonas.

3 Comments:

Blogger tolar said...

I highly recommend the 7" that doubles as a ticket to the whirlyball show. It's got tracks from all four bands, including the long-awaited for 'nestle in my boobies' from the Coathangers [or at least, i've been waiting for it :)].

3:53 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Already got mine. :)

4:03 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

By the way, you should buy the Coathangers demo. It has about 10 tracks on it including "Nestle in My Boobies" and it's only $5. Homemade packaging too!

4:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home