Tuesday, June 19

Around the horn

Man, you go away for a few days and you miss a lot.

Ruby Isle will play their first Atlanta show at the Drunken Unicorn on July 11.

Ruby Isle - Atom Bomb
Ruby Isle - Into the Black

It Covers the Hillsides has new tour dates from Peter, Bjorn and John and Midlake including PBJ at ATL's Variety Playhouse on 9/12 and Midlake at The EARL on 9/4.

Peter, Bjorn and John - Young Folks
Midlake - Balloon Maker

Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands has The Watson Twins covering Spoon on KCRW. I'll be happy to share if the link dies.

Oh No! Oh My! will be at Atlanta's Drunken Unicorn on Sept. 3 alongside Au Revoir Simone. It's part of their longer tour, for which the full slate of dates is up at Pitchfork.

Oh No! Oh My! - The Party Punch
Au Revoir Simone - Fallen Snow

Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem are headed on tour together this fall. So far only a couple of dates out west have been released.

Blitzen Trapper are going to be at the Drunken Unicorn on July 20 with David Vandervelde. Full tour schedule on their Myspace.

Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation
David Vandervelde - Jacket

There's a new Magnetic Fields record in the works. Huzzah!

And a little geek fodder...

The entire Robot Chicken Star Wars special is online.

Hi-res pictures of the new Batsuit and Batpod from the forthcoming Batman sequel have been released.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I posted about The Magnetic Fields news on my site yesterday (which i'm super excited about)....and guess who linked to it? Fucking Neil Gaiman....holyyyy shittttt.

What did you think of the Robot Chicken episode? I'm kinda bummed they had two skits from previous shows, including one that wasn't even funny (the George Bush one). I loved the one with the walrus guy who got his arm chopped off though.

5:40 AM

 
Blogger captscurvy said...

Is it just me, or is Batman starting to look a little like Robocop?

5:52 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I dunno, but I'm pretty sure I'd soil my knickers if I came across him in an alley.

6:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home