Saturday, October 6

The Octopus Project at Drunken Unicorn, October 11


There are several notable events in north Georgia next week, including a couple visits by The Brunettes (10/9 at The EARL and 10/10 at Tasty World) and Pistolero's CD release party (10/11 at Clermont Lounge w/ Warm in the Wake). I'll be giving the latter more attention soon.

Another show I'd highly recommend that I haven't mentioned is The Octopus Project on October 11 at Atlanta's Drunken Unicorn. I first saw them last year opening for dios (malos) and Starlight Mints, and was so blown away that I had a hard time enjoying the headliners. Their mostly instrumental set is highlighted by the ever-fascinating use of theremin, and they also bring to the table an elaborate stage setup. They caught me off guard at the time, and I'd quite like to see 'em again.

They're on the road now supporting their Hello, Avalanche, which is due October 16. A couple tracks from that record:

The Octopus Project - Truck
The Octopus Project - I Saw the Bright Shinies

The full set of Octopus Project tour dates is on their official site.

Bonus mp3: The Octopus Project - Music is Happiness

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I too was impressed by The Octopus Project...Didn't know they had a new one coming out, thanks for the 411. I will look forward to it. :)

11:55 AM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

Great band!

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Amy, remember how I left *during* Starlight Mints that night?

Maybe too good...

1:15 PM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

Yep, and I like their cd a lot. The Octopus Project was a hard act to follow.

11:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home